Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Maddie!!


I can't believe this precious girl is a year old already! The time went by so fast. She has brought us SO much joy! Lately, she has been busy playing with her doggies (she loves puppy dogs and gets excited and starts panting and barking every time she sees one), reading her bups (books) holding her sister's baby dolls, and watching her favorite show - Baby Einstein. She has also learned a few words in the past month, and seems to add a new one to her vocabulary every other day. These are some of the words she knows:
Mama
Dada
Tasa, Tata (Tasiah)
Bup (book)
Baby
ball
Baboo (bubble)
Cracker
Tay too (Thank you)
Apple
Up!
Ty Ty (Tyler)
Nana (Banana)
Boo! (Peek-a-boo)
ah eww (Uh, oh)
Hot
Hat
Weeee!
Ouch

We love you, Madeline! Thanks for a fun first year! Happy Birthday, Sweet Baby Girl!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Carly
I can't believe Madeline is a year old already! It is crazy how time flies. Zoey will be one in a month and a half. AHHH! Madeline is a cutie. Love this entry you did! Do you do digital scrapbooking?

Mel

Carly said...

Mel, Thanks. Yeah, didn't the year just disappear into thin air? I can't believe they are already 1! I have never done any digital scrapbooking but I've wanted to try it. I don't have a lot of extra time, and I don't really know what sites are best or how to start. I noticed you have a lot of links on your blog... what are some of your favorites? What type of digital kits/programs have you used? I don't know anything about it, but I'd love to learn. I really want to start scrapbooking but I need something easy and simple to start out, since I don't have much time to spend on it.

Amelia said...

Happy Birthday Madeline!!! As usual I can't believe it has been a year already. She is such a cutie, I love her expressions, so grown up. and ps great Christmas pics. It is fun to see your family.
Amelia

Unknown said...

I am just getting into it also. I don't seem to be able to find time to spend on it either and I don't work so I can imagine you don't have the time. But since we both know graphic design it actually makes it really simple. I use photoshop for my layouts. I love the freebie sites for kits. One of my favs is http://stolenmomentsdesign.blogspot.com/ she has lots of free kits but you have to get them when she posts them because she charges for them after so long. Also http://sweetblossomdesigns.blogspot.com/ is awesome and http://summertimedesigns.blogspot.com/. Those ones have free stuff. One of my absolute favorites is http://weedsandwildflowersdesign.com/shoppe/ but they are all ones you have to buy. I have bought some kits of theirs. Mostly the ones I use are on my blog. It's really easy to do digital scrapbooking compaired to actual scrapbooking. You don't have to print all your photos and buy all the supplies. And the kits and stuff are not that much really. :) Let me know if you need any tips or whatnot. I will share what I know. Have fun!

Tracy said...

I can't believe how big Madeline has gotten, or how long it has been since I've seen you! Looks like you had a very Merry Christmas though and that the girls are doing well!
Big hugs!!!
Tracy

Carly said...

Melissa, thanks for all this info! I'm excited to check out some of those sites!

Unknown said...

Awww she is a doll!!